Shortbread recipe from Best Ever Baking by Carole Clements.
150g unsalted butter at room temperature
100g caster sugar
180g plain flour
55g rice flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/170°C. Grease a shallow 8in (20cm) cake tin, preferably with a removable bottom.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Sift over the flours, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Press the dough neatly into the prepared tin, smoothing the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Prick all over with a fork and score into wedges. (I did little squares.)
- Bake until golden, 40-45 minutes. leave in the tin until cool enough to handle, then turn out and recut wedges while still hot. Store in an air tight container.